If you have a car accident that’s your fault and your car is written off or if your car is vandalised or stolen and not recovered, this replacement car cover policy will provide you with a replacement car for up to 14 days. This type of cover isn’t standard with every policy, so without it you could be liable for expensive hire costs.
To keep you on the road, Abbey will provide a replacement car for up to 14 days, if your vehicle is deemed a total loss as a result of:
- an accident that was your fault
- fire, flood, vandalism
- theft or attempted theft
Your replacement car will be available within 48 hours. The car provided will be up to 1100cc and a manual gearshift. Use outside Northern Ireland eg. in the Republic of Ireland, is available if permission is sought from and granted by the hire company subject to cover being available under your motor insurance policy.
What is not covered (exclusions)
- The 14 day replacement car policy will not cover you if you are involved in an accident which is not your fault.
- If the driving licence held only permits you to drive an automatic car or if you require a car with any modifications.
- Any additional costs from any other supplier other than that explicitly authorised by Abbey Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Any additional costs incurred other than those expressly authorised by Abbey Insurance Brokers Ltd’s claims department or the car hire provider.
- Cover under this policy will commence after the expiry of any cover provided under your private car insurance policy arranged through Abbey Insurance.